Position Title: Development Associate, P/T
The Development Associate position is primarily responsible for assisting the Development Committee with fundraising activities for The Calais Foundation.
The Calais Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non–profit organization with a mission to empower children with serious learning and behavioral problems to overcome their challenges so they can be responsible, productive and reach their fullest potential in life.
The Development Associate will provide support to and work in collaboration with the Development Committee. This position requires strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize as well as multi-task. Fund development is essential to the overall success of the organization and therefore it is imperative that the person in this role works closely with the Committee to secure the financial resources necessary to develop, implement, operate and expand programs supported by the Foundation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with current donors and share an enthusiasm for our mission.
- Conduct research on our current donors and potential prospects, including individual donors, corporations, and foundations.
- Research, write and submit grant proposals.
- Record donations and donor information.
- Track fundraising progress and prepare reports.
- Timely administration of donor acknowledgment letters.
- Assist with the coordination and promotion of special events.
- Part-time work hours will average approximately 20-30/month. Work will be done remotely or at The Calais School and hours must be logged.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in social services, education or other related fields
- Computer literate and technologically proficient in standard word processing, spreadsheets, and database software applications
- Experience with grant research and writing
- Special event experience in coordination and promotion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience working with non-profits is a plus
- Knowledge of and commitment to serving those with learning and behavioral problems.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com